Tips For Choosing The Best House Painting Contractor For Your Project
Giving your home a new coat of paint can be just the refresh it needs. A fresh coat of paint can improve the aesthetic appeal of your home and increase the home’s value.
Whether you want to paint the exterior or interior of your home, hiring a professional house painter near you for the job is the way to go.
When hiring a professional, you want to be sure that they have the expertise and skills required to ensure a flawless finish. As a licensed contractor, Diamond Painting knows that obtaining a contractor’s license is not only a rigorous process, but it also brings the added value of quality assurance as the reflection of quality and experience of our work and business.
When looking for the best house painter for your next project, we have come up with a few criteria to help you begin your search to hire the best painter that fits your needs.
Many people feel comfortable hiring a professional recommended to them by someone they trust. Talk to your friends, co-workers, and family members who have just wrapped up a house painting project. Ask them:
- To describe their experience of working with the contractor
- If the actual results were as expected
- Whether the project was delivered on time and within the budget. If not, why?
- If the contractor’s crew showed up on time
- If they’d consider the professional for future projects
Do Online Research
Visit the websites of local painting contractors. Go through their portfolio to determine whether they have the experience and expertise required to manage your project from start to finish.
Check the social media profiles of contractors to see what people are saying about them. Visit independent and trusted third-party review sites such as Yelp, Houzz, and Angie’s List. Go through reviews on local painting businesses.
Get Bids From Shortlisted Contractors
Once you have narrowed down your list of contractors, request bids. Get at least three bids. When comparing two bids, check every cost element. If you do not understand a cost element, do not hesitate to call the contractor up. A reputable contractor will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Steer clear of contractors who quote unrealistically low prices.
Talk To Contractors’ References
Instead of taking everything that a contractor claims on face value, talk to their references to verify their claims. Here are some questions to ask a painting contractor’s references:
- Did the contractor’s crew clean up the area after finishing the job?
- Were you satisfied with work quality?
- Did they answer all your questions? Was the professional receptive to your ideas and suggestions?
- Would you recommend the contractor to your friends and family members?
Call shortlisted contractors to schedule meetings. Before you meet a contractor, prepare a list of questions to ask them. Here are some questions to ask a painting contractor:
- Do you have the necessary licenses required to carry out the work? Are you bonded? Do you carry insurance?
- Do you have a plan to ensure seamless communication?
- Do you foresee any project challenges? How do you plan to overcome them?
- Do you offer painting warranties?
Diamond Painting is a renowned painting contractor serving Santa Rosa. We have years of experience giving homes a facelift with a fresh coat of paint. If you are looking for the best house painter for your next project, then call Diamond Painting today! Our team of professional painters performs the highest-quality painting services for both indoor and outdoor projects. To learn more, call (707) 890-1300.